WHO WE ARE
Standing Committee on Professional Exchange (SCOPE) is one of the six standing committees of Center for Indonesian Medical Students’ Activities (CIMSA) that engages in the field of professional exchange, and has 17 locals spread in various Faculty of Medicine throughout Indonesia. SCOPE CIMSA is led by two national officers, that is National Exchange Officer (NEO) for Incoming and National Exchange Officer (NEO) for Outgoing, as well as maintained nationally by National Exchange Committee.
“To promote cultural understanding and co-operation amongst medical students and all health professionals, through the facilitation of international student exchanges. SCOPE aims to give all students the opportunity to learn about global health, and attains this partly by having its exchanges accredited by medical faculties across the world.”
- To increase the mobility and to widen the horizon of medical students worldwide;
- To provide equal chances to medical students to participate in a professional exchange, regardless of subjective, geographical, political, financial, sexual, cultural or religious backgrounds;
- To provide medical students with the possibility to experience healthcare in another culture with different health and education systems, and to learn how differences in culture and believes are of influence;
- To create possibilities for medical students to learn about global health issues, primary health concerns and basic epidemiology of the host country, and how it differs from their home country;
- To contribute to the education of future health professionals with a global vision and to contribute to medical students’ personal development, self-reliance, and openness in becoming future health professionals;
- To provide students with the chance to improve their medical knowledge, their vision on medical issues and their practical knowledge depending on the regulations of the host country;
- To facilitate the connection between medical students and other health professionals and to provide a platform for future cooperation amongst medical students with each other and with health professionals across the globe;
- To maintain affordable professional exchange tuition through its governing body to ensure that medical students within the National Member Organizations can participate in the exchanges with a minimal financial burden;
- To make sure students are aware of the ethical aspects regarding their exchange to assure the burden on society, patients, the recourses and the healthcare system is as limited as possible;
- To promote tolerance towards differences and similarities within health and towards patients regardless of their sex, religion, or beliefs.
Find out more about us. Click here for details.
PROFESSIONAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM
All medical students are entitled to participate in a four-week clerkship in a chosen clinical or pre-clinical field of medicine. During the exchange, the students are obligated to accomplish their learning objectives that were made by them before the exchange. They are also accompanied by a tutor in their department. The students will also have their own contact person to help them with their exchange. The students will not get salary during their exchange. To join our program, the students have to have adequate English skills and pass the selection that is held twice annually.
Exchange Contracts are signed between two participating National Member Organizations and are of two types:
- Bilateral Contracts: where the participating countries exchange two students (one from each country) between themselves.
- Unilateral Contracts: where a single student participates in the exchange.
In order to get to know more about our program, please contact our National Exchange Officers (email: email@example.com)